Season 7 of Fortnite: Battle Royale is now winding down, and many players are already looking forward to what’s to come in Season 8. Aside from the occasional Season 8 teasers, Fortnite developer Epic Games is sweetening the pot by letting players get the Season 8 Battle Pass by completing 13 out of 20 Overtime Challenges.
Normally, Fortnite’s seasonal Battle Passes cost 950 V-bucks — in-game currency which come in bundles of 1,000 that can be purchased for US$10. Letting players overcome that cost is an interesting decision for Epic, one that may have been spurred by the sudden and recent appearance of fierce competition in the form of Apex Legends.
Epic also confirmed that a selection of free skins will effectively be made available to everyone who picks up the next battle pass, no matter if they purchased it or got it for free by completing the required Overtime Challenges.
“If you don’t have an outfit, now is your chance to get several for free. With the Battle Pass, you’ll receive two Season 8 Outfits instantly, and you can earn up to five more. Save your V-Bucks; this one’s on us,” said Epic Games in a statement.
The initial batch of Overtime Challenges are already out, and are fairly easy to complete. Players will also unlock skins from Fortnite Season 7 as they clear the five, 10, and 15 challenge marks. Check below for a list of the available challenges.
- Collect Coins in Featured Creative Islands (5) — 500 XP
- Deal damage to opponents with Assault Rifles or Pistols (500) — 500 XP
- Search chests or ammo boxes at a motel or an RV park (7) — 500 XP
- Place Top 15 in Duos with a friend (3) — Wrap
- Regain health from a campfire in different matches (3) — 500 XP
- Visit different Named Locations (10) — 500 XP
- Search a Supply Drop in different matches (2) — 500 XP
- Revive a player in different matches (3) — Loading Screen
- Visit different waterfalls (7) — 500 XP
- Deal damage to opponents with Shotguns or SMGs (500) — 500 XP
- Search chests or ammo boxes at The Block (7) — 500 XP
- Place Top 10 in Squads with a friend (3) — Spray
Epic has given players until February 27 to complete the challenges, which hints at Season 8 arriving the day after on February 28. Until then, most players would surely be busy completing challenges for that free Batfle Pass. Better get a move on if you want one too.