A menace in the mid lane (and sometimes top) in pro play, Riot Games decided that Lucian needed some love elsewhere, so in League of Legends patch 11.17, the game developers are specifically buffing his duo lane synergy.
His passive Lightslinger, and Ardent Blaze (W) both have newly added ally interactions.
At the same time, Nami, one of the best enchanter supports Lucian synergizes with, has also been buffed in the same patch.
- The 5 hottest League of Legends male champions
- Could this be the best League of Legends Lux cosplay of all time?
Buffs to Lucian in League of Legends patch 11.17
- Base attack damage decreased from 64 to 62
Passive – Lightslinger
- (New) Vigilance: Ally buffs empower Lucian’s next 2 basic attacks to deal an additional 14 (+10% Attack Damage) magic damage. Lucian can store up to 4 Vigilance basic attacks at a time.
W – Ardent Blaze
- Mana cost decreased from 70 to 60
- (New) Thanks, friend: Triggers Vigilance when an allied champion damages a marked target
R – The Culling
- Number of shots decreased from 22/28/34 to 22 (+25% Critical Strike Chance)
- Damge per shot decreased from 20/40/60 (+25% Attack Damage)(+10% Ability Power) to 15/30/45 (+25% Attack Damage)(+15% Ability Power)
LoL players will need to adapt and change the way they trade on and with Lucian at bot due to the changes to Lightsligner, which is where the bulk of his output damage is going to come from.
According to LCS shoutcaster and content creator David “Phreak” Turley, this empowered passive damage has increased by 128% at level one, and 121% at level 18 compared to patch 11.16. That is… a lot.
When it comes to his ultimate The Culling, its base damage per shot decreased, but at the same time, there’s an added 25% Critical Strike Chance now with AD scaling. Based on Phreak’s calculations, Lucian’s ultimate is actually more powerful than before after he completes his first crit Mythic item, like a Kraken Slayer, and when he completes his third crit item, such as Infinity Edge.
Buffs to Nami in League of Legends patch 11.17
- Base health increased from 475 to 490
W – Ebb and Flow
- Mana cost decreased from 70/85/100/115/130 to 70/80/90/100/110
The buffs to Nami are more straightforward. She has a little more survivability with the increased base health, while Ebb and Flow’s mana cost has been decreased at later ranks.
Combined with Lucian however, this is where this bot lane duo is going to shine, especially in the early game’s laning phase.
“Realistically, Nami-Lucian, level one, Nami learns E, Lucian learns E, he just dashes in and attacks you four times. That is SO much damage,” said Phreak in his League of Legends patch 11.17 rundown. “Try some Nami-Lucian games. It’s maybe busted.”
Click here to read the full League of Legends patch 11.17 notes, or watch Phreak’s detailed patch rundown.
READ MORE: Fnatic risked it all on off-meta Jarvan and Darius to qualify for Worlds 2021