The thing about recent League of Legends patches is that almost all changes seem small, but combined, have a big impact on gameplay. Riot also likes to be random sometimes, like patch 11.3’s buff to Karma.
The only explanation they included for buffing Kama is “bringing good karma to support Karma”.
- Mana regen increased from 11.5 to 13
Q – Inner Flame
- Cost reduced from 65 to 55 mana
The thing about Karma is that it’s very hard to buff or nerf her as a support or as a solo laner without one affecting the other. In patch 10.2, Karma’s Inner Flame damage was buffed by ten at all levels, and so was the base damage of Focused Resolve (W).
In this patch, she has a lowered mana cost on Inner Flame and extra mana regen, which means that she’ll be able to cast Q more often without worrying about mana depletion.
What really makes Karma extra valuable on 11.3 is her combined utility with the only support item that inflicts Grievous Wounds.
- Marksmen, it’s time to jump on the Jinx train
- If you’re picking Viego as a jungler, you’re playing him wrong
- Ability Haste increased from 15 to 20
- (Updated) Puffcap Toxic passive: No longer inflicts immobilized enemy champions with 60% Grievous Wounds for 3 seconds. Instead, healing or shielding an allied champion now empowers the ally’s next damage to an enemy champion with 60% Grievous Wounds for 3 seconds
This item hasn’t been popular because AP item Morellonomicon was preferred, for it gives 20 more AP than Chemtech, with extra 250 health. The buff to Chemtech however, just made it more attractive.
Supports could certainly do with the extra Ability Haste, and even more so empowering their ally to inflict Grievous Wounds. With Karma’s Mantra-Inspire (R-E), every single person on the team will be shielded and have the ability to inflict Grievous Wounds on multiple targets in a team fight.
This effect in itself is great, but what’s even better is that AD carries and AP mages can then completely bypass the Executioner’s Calling and Oblivion Orb route entirely. With freed up gold, carries can skip their Grievous Wound item and buy more damage.
READ MORE: LS says Patch 11.3 Goredrinker nerfs will cause ‘an entire meta shift’