In the new trailer, we got to see League of Legends champions Xin Zhao, Taric, Quinn and Valor, Fiora, Sona, and Lux playing the game, told from the standpoint of a young Cithria and her father.
Here’s what we know about the game so far:
- Plays two or four players
- It is a bluffing and recollection strategy game with perfect information that tests the player’s focus
- Takes ten to 20 minutes to complete
- Played on a blue rectangular board where rounded stones are placed in a line
- The stones, or chips, each contain a symbol on one side: Scales, sword, shield, hammer, crown, knight and possibly banner too
- In two player mode, four stones are played face down in a single round as shown in the trailer
- When players guess the symbol of a face down stone, a point is awarded to either party depending on whether it was correct or wrong
- Comes in a portable square metal box
The most important message on Riot’s official Tellstones website and the trailer is that “to win, you’ll need to focus on playing the player, not the game”.
By the end of the trailer, it’s revealed that the young girl calls herself Cithria the Bold, a character that was first introduced in Legends of Runeterra as part of the Demacia deck.
This is Riot’s second tabletop game after Mechs Vs Minions, a large-scale cooperative game that follows four LoL champions through ten minion-mashing missions.