Marksmen mains will feel slightly better this patch because AD carries are getting a bump to their base health and base health growth.
Reworked Volibear charges onto the Rift in this patch! No more running in hopes of closing the gap to flip a champion. Now he has a stun, can summon lightning, and even disable turrets.
Passive – The Relentless Storm
- Aside from gaining attack speed from his abilities, Volibear now deals bonus magic damage to nearby enemies with the use of basic attacks.
Q – Thundering Smash
- Thundering Smash grants Volibear speed when approaching opponents. The first enemy he attacks becomes stunned.
W – Frenzied Maul
- Using W, Volibear will mark enemies. Re-casting this ability on a marked enemy champion will deal bonus damage and heal him.
E – Sky Splitter
- This ground-targeted area of effect calls forth a bolt of lightning that will strike the ground, damaging and slowing enemies. Sky Splitter grants Volibear a shield if he is inside its blast radius.
R – Stormbringer
- Volibear leaps to a specific location. He also slows and damages enemies beneath him, and gains bonus health during the leap. Casting R also affects nearby enemy towers, temporarily disabling them upon the bear’s landing.
Winner: Marksmen and marksmen items
Aphelios, Ashe, Caitlyn, Draven, Ezreal, Jhin, Jinx, Kai’sa, Kog’maw, Miss Fortune, Sivir, Twitch, Varus and Xayah all have their base health increased by 30, and base health growth increased by two.
The extra HP will give them a little more durability in lane, but will not prevent them from getting burst down by an assassin.
There is also a two percent increase in movement speed for AD carry items Zeal, Phantom Dancer, Rapid Firecannon, Statikk Shiv, and Runaan’s Hurricane.
- Aggression or Control: A deep dive into the huge difference between the LPL and LCK
- The top 5 rarest League of Legends skins
Winner: Solo lane ADCs
- Lightslinger’s second shot critical strike increased from 75% to 100%
W – Sentinel Soul
- Marked bonus magic damage increased from 10/12/14/16/18% to 14/15/16/17/18% target’s max health. Sentinel cost reduced from 20 to no mana
Q – Tumble
- Basic attack bonus damage increased from 50/55/60/65/70% to 60/65/70/75/80% of total attack damage
- Base attack speed ratio increased from 0.656 to 0.679
According to Riot, Lucian, Kalista, Vayne, and Tristana are “getting more specific buffs due to their ability and playrate in solo lanes”. These AD carries are more often played in mid and top in solo queue, and situational picks in professional play.
These buffs are conservative, and will not turn them into instant blind picks.
Q – Icathian Rain
- Damage ratio increased from 0.35 to 0.4 bonus attack damage
R – Killer Instinct
- Range increased from 1500/2000/2500 to 1500/2250/3000
One of the weakest AD carries now, Kai’sa is very far off from her heyday last year. On top of the marksmen HP buffs, she is also getting a slight buff to Q and R, but it still won’t justify picking her.
Q – End of the Line
- First shot damage ratio decreased from 1.0 to 0.8 bonus attack damage
A top tier pick in professional play, Graves has the highest win rate among all junglers in solo queue too.
Buffed back in patch 10.5, he was given additional basic magic resist and base magic resist growth. End of the Line was also buffed significantly, costing a flat 60 mana at all ranks with decreased cooldowns.
In this patch, the bonus attack damage of the first shot of Q has been lowered slightly, which will not affect his S tier status.
READ MORE: Branded arena banners are coming to Summoner’s Rift