Riot Games’ League-based autobattler, Teamfight Tactics, makes some significant changes to its Galaxies season, including new game mechanics, a new champion unit, and a handful of buffs.
TFT’s newest addition to its space-themed roster is Xerath, a tier-5 dark star sorcerer. His ability, Abyssal Bombardment, transforms Xerath and makes him summon meteors to strike random foes in place of his normal attacks. If Xerath’s meteors kill a target, all adjacent enemies take damage and are stunned for 1.5 seconds. Though he may be a rare champion, he will fit perfectly into the late-game phases of Star Guardian Sorcerer builds.
A few sorcerers also get some substantial buffs, bringing Star Guardian builds back into the meta. Syndra now has better range (660 ⇒ 890) while Zoe’s abilities do more damage (150/225/400 ⇒ 200/275/400) and have a longer stun duration (2/2.5/3s ⇒ 2/2.5/4s).
As for nerfs, Vel’Koz’s abilities have a shorter duration (2.5 ⇒ 2) but will aim more efficiently on smaller groups of units. Shaco gets two downgrades, one on his basic attack damage (55 ⇒ 50) and another on his Deceive damage (250%/325%/400% ⇒ 300%/325%/350%).
Riot added some new overpowered increments in a few traits to reward players who hold onto their golden spatulas:
- 9 Blademaster: 100% chance to proc
- 9 Dark Star: 45 Attack Damage & Spell Power
- 6 Infiltrator: 125% Bonus Attack Speed
- 6 Protector: 45% Max Health Shield
- 9 Rebel: 350 Shield and 15% Damage per Rebel
- 8 Sorcerer: +125 Spell Power to team
Aside from the new trait buffs, Celestials and Sorcerers get a bump on their skills. Celestials now heal for more (15/30/60% ⇒ 15/40/65%) while Sorcerers get an extra boost in spell power (20/40/80 ⇒ 20/45/80).
Some low-tier items get significant buffs that substantially increase their worth on the field while everyone’s go-to component Tear of the Goddess receives a slight nerf in its added mana.
- Chalice of Favor: Now also grants mana to holder
- Deathblade Starting stacks: 2 ⇒ 0
Deathblade Attack Damage per stack: 15 ⇒ 30
- Frozen Heart Attack Speed slow: 40% ⇒ 50%
- Rapid Firecannon Bonus Range: 100% ⇒ 200%
Rapid Firecannon now displays a visual beam on attack when increasing the range of low range champions.
- Shroud of Stillness Width: 1 Hex ⇒ 1.5 Hexes
- Tear of the Goddess Mana: 20 ⇒ 15, All completed items adjusted accordingly.
- Zeke’s Herald Range: 2 hexes ⇒ 1 hex
Zeke’s Herald Attack Speed: 18% ⇒ 30%
TFT has introduced two new Galaxies mechanics, now giving players a 50% chance of getting a special game. Here are the new mechanics:
- Trade Sector: Players get one free reroll in each round.
- Superdense Galaxy: Upon reaching level 5, players receive a free Force of Nature.
Riot also tweaked its round system to make it more difficult to ramp up loss-streaks for more gold income. The developers have increased the streak-gold conversion while also lowering the base damage per stage.
- Win and Loss Streaks: 2(1g)/3(2g)/4+(3g) ⇒ 2-3(1g)/4(2g)/5+(3g)
- Base Damage per Stage: 0/3/4/5/10/15/20 ⇒ 0/0/1/2/5/10/15
For more information about TFT 10.8, you can check out the official patch notes.