Valve’s free-to-play auto battler title Dota Underlords released its final update for 2019, and it contained game balances and notable nerfs on some alliances.
One of the most impactful changes in the update deals with balancing the damage potential of the Champion alliance. Their damage bonus has been decreased from 8% to 3%, with its health bonus retained at 8%.
Other alliance-wide nerfs include:
- Clockwerk, Timbersaw, Tinker, and the rest of the Scrappy units now receive 8 armor bonus instead of 9 and a disadvantaged 16 armor bonus instead of 18.
- The Warlock alliance’s lifesteal effect was tweaked down from [50, 70, 90] to [50, 60, 70], lasting for [2, 2.5, 3] seconds.
The tanky Warrior alliance makes a comeback to the meta with the only upgrade. Their abilities get slightly buffed with an increase in armor bonus from [7, 17] to [9, 18].
Aside from these alliance changes, the abilities of the three Underlords — Annesix, Hobgen, and Jull — also received some game fixes:
- Annesix received an animation update as her Demonic Golem now spawns faster.
- Hobgen’s Friendly Fire now has an increased damage rating of [150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500], improving from the previous [100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 500].
- Jull’s Happy Hour ability has been extended from seven to 10 seconds, with instant damage taken increased from 30 to 50.
The full patch notes can be read here.