The participating players for the Arena of Valor International Championship 2020 1v1 tournament has been announced, including representatives from the eight teams that have qualified for the quarterfinals.
The eight players are as follows:
- Wei “Abao” Guan-qun (Hong Kong Attitude)
- Pasu “Erez” Yensabai (Talon Esports)
- Natpakan “BlueNoPing” Chaisiri (Buriram United Esports)
- Phạm Vũ “Red” Hoài Nam (Saigon Phantom)
- Phạm “Gấu” Hồng Quân (Team Flash)
- Huỳnh “Akashi” Trọng Tuấn (BOX Gaming)
- Lam “KuKu” Ka Fu (MAD Team)
- CGod (All-Combo)
Due to the important nature of the quarterfinals, teams will not release their star players for the 1v1 tournament. Vietnamese players Trần “ADC” Đức Chiến, Thóng “Bângg” Lai Bâng, and Đỗ “Ara'” Thành Hưng will be allowed to sit out to rest and avoid additional psychological pressure.
The winning player will bring home US$5,000 while the runner-up will receive US$3,000.
The 1v1 tournament will kick off on December 2, on the same day as the clash of Vietnam’s power team Saigon Phantom and Thailand’s two-time champions Buriram United Esports.
Buriram United Esports’ Thai mid laner Anurak “NuNu” Saengjan became the first-ever AIC 1v1 champion after beating Romanian jungler Vex from Nova Esports last year. Nunu bagged US$5,000 by winning the best-of-three match.